RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
The research and development, or the R&D department, was set up at Hub-Pak in 1991. This is when the research on salt quality started at Hub-Pak. The department was set up for the soul reason of continuous quality improvement and customer satisfaction maximization. The department was given clear instructions to focus mainly on the customers and their requirements. This is another reason Hub-Pak is an excellent and smart choice for our customers.
The R&D department would not have become this successful in fulfilling their targets if it would not have been for our customers. Our customers, with their continuously changing quality requirements, have always kept us working on quality management and improvements. We are delighted to say that we have never let our customers down and will continue to do so in the future.
The R&D department’s initial purpose was to improve the salt qualities and fulfill customer requirements only, but now their scope has been enhanced. They are now developing new processes and have already designed many pioneer projects in the salt technology field. Their recent achievements include ‘total eradication of Bromine from salt’ and ‘achieving zero liquid discharge (ZLD)’.
Some of the current and future projects in hand are:
• Effects of impurities on the CSD of salt.
• A new method of finding out the percentage purity of salt in the presence of high concentration of SO-24.
• Pollution of the sea and its effect on the purity levels of salt.
• Direct manufacturing of colored salt using the transition metal.
• Dual Collection of Bromine and Potassium from the BPS stream as Potassium Bromine (KBr).
– See more at: http://hubpak.com/about-us/r-d/#sthash.tSfJP2Ju.dpuf